Which Floor Plan Is Right For You?
Building a home from scratch is already a daunting process, but now you have to sit down and decide which floor plan is the most convenient for you and your family. When building with Homestead Homes, you have three floor plans to choose from: Ranch, 2-Story, or Split-Entry.
Here are a couple of pros and cons to each floor plan to help you get a better idea of what might be best for you and your family:
- Ranch homes are typically more popular with homebuyers.
- Ranches have easier access to clean the gutters, roofs and outside walls.
- Ranches are generally less expensive to add on to the structure of the home.
- With a ranch-style house, the large roof allows more heat to escape in the winter and more cool air to escape in the summer.
- You get more square footage with less footprint since you are building up and not out.
- Having multiple stories creates a more distinct separation between bedrooms and living areas.
- Having multiple stories also allows you to have a better view.
- Multiple stories may not suitable for older homeowners because of the stairs.
- Two-story homes can be harder to sell.
- More areas to lounge and maximize living areas
- If designed right, they can be visually and geometrically appealing.
- Higher utility bills because of the drastic change in levels
- There are a lot of stairs in a split level which can be hazardous for families with small children.
If you have any questions about what floor plan might work for you, please contact us and we would love to answer any questions that you have.