Things To Consider Before Building Your New Home, Part 2
If you read Part 1 of “Things To Consider Before Building Your New Home,” then you know that this week we will be covering Electrical/Plumbing, Lighting, Bedrooms, Holiday Preparedness, HVAC, & a couple additional thoughts:
- Have you thought about having extra carbon monoxide unit on the wall near bedrooms?
- Do you want to include a drain in the garage for excess water from vehicles after rain and snow?
- Do you want to pre-wire a generator for essential areas of your home?
- Do you want to pre-wire for music and speakers outside of your home?
- Do you want to place a light switch in the hallway that leads up to the attic?
- Have you checked all the remotes for ceiling fans?
- Do you want 3 way switches in your home?
- Do you want a master switch in the master bedroom that controls all exterior lights?
- Do you want 4 plug outlets near the bed in the master?
- Do you want a light switch at the head of your bed that controls your bedroom lights?
- Have you thought about having enough storage for holiday decorations?
- Do you want outlets for holiday lights: over cabinets, in stairway, and in porch ceilings?
- Have you thought about planning where furnace vents will go instead of letting the builder decide?
- Do you want a receptacle for a fire extinguisher?
- Have you thought about an inside button to open and close your garage door?
- Have you thought about ensuring builders don’t “box” off spaces, where storage or shelving would go?
- Do you want pocket doors?
Additional questions on building your home? Contact us and our experts would love to help you out!