How to decorate your fireplace for the holidays
As the heart of your home, your fireplace and chimney deserve to get some special attention during the holidays. Whether you have a natural or propane gas fireplace or a wood-burning fireplace, Homestead Homes has some tips that will keep your home cozy all winter long.
Important information about your fireplace
First, you need to know how does a fireplace work. Basically, your fireplace has several standard features that are meant to make it long-lasting, keep fires from spreading into your home, and keep smoke out of your house.
The idea behind a fireplace is to create a draft that sucks hot air into a room. Most fireplaces like electric fireplaces use radiation, the use of electromagnetic waves to heat cold objects. By using this method of heat movement, the rays from the fireplace are sent out towards objects and people in the room.
At the start of every winter, you want to get your fireplace maintenance and cleaning done in order to keep your fireplace working properly. There are many benefits of having a fireplace, particularly in the winter to heat your entire home and save yourself money. This way you can focus your holiday budget on holiday decorations!
How to cozy up your fireplace for the holidays
Let’s get decorating! You would be surprised how the type of decorations you pick can change the ambiance of the room. As the focal point of your living room your fireplace can take many different forms.
Some fireplace christmas decor ideas are:
- Add a rustic look to your fireplace by adding an illuminated star and homemade stockings to your mantel.
- Keep it simple by using white decor to accent the wood on your mantel and brighten up your fireplace.
- Get creative. Add collectables to your mantel with accents of red and green, this is bound to make a great impression on house guests.
- Go for the natural look with greenery and wood elements.
- Add texture and lights to your mantel to really accent the center of your home.
- Glam up your fireplace with some bling draping from your mantel.
- Use pinecones and cinnamon sticks to bring a festive feel and smell to your living room.
- Make a statement with a giant wreath as the focal point.
Now, that you know the benefits of having a fireplace and how to use a fireplace to heat your home you are one step closer to decking your home for the holidays. Homestead Homes would like you wish you all a very cozy holiday with the use of your fireplace and decorations.
At Homestead Homes, we offer everything you’ll ever need to build your own homestead! Everything from home loans to design are done through us. Check out all of our home plans from two-story to our Heartland series. You are bound to find one you enjoy.