Home Trends For 2018
2018 is shaping up to be a bold year, full of color and patterns. What could that mean for your home decor? Check it out…
- Pantone announced their color of the year as Ultra Violet for 2018.
“We are living in a time that requires inventiveness and imagination. It is this kind of creative inspiration that is indigenous to PANTONE 18-3838 Ultra Violet, a blue-based purple that takes our awareness and potential to a higher level. From exploring new technologies and the greater galaxy, to artistic expression and spiritual reflection, intuitive Ultra Violet lights the way to what is yet to come.”
- In addition to the Ultra Violet color, jewel tones are also trending. Even just adding these vivid colors into your existing color scheme with some throw pillows, blankets, or accent pieces will make a huge difference in updating your home.
- Brass and copper are making a comeback. While brass was once considered outdated, it’s making a bold comeback for 2018. Copper is also great for accent pieces in any
room. Spruce up your decor with a few knick-knacks or accent pieces to update any room!
- Black & white can add drama and class to any room. This trend, at no surprise to us, will always remain the best classical decorating blend for your arsenal.
- Oversized furniture in open floor plans helps to break up large spaces and adds elegantly classical themes to your home’s atmosphere.
- Standout lampshades are set to give spaces sophisticated, decorated looks while also bringing freshness to existing lighting.
- Non-toxic houseplants to add colors, patterns, and textures to your home decorating.
- Art gallery walls in your home displaying your favorite artwork, photographs of your family and friends, or anything else that makes you happy on a daily basis is a trend. That’s right - you’re trendy!
- Statement ceilings are trending for 2018. Painted patterns, wallpaper, intricate textures, or wooden framework… Anything to add a special statement to that ignored “canvas” right above your head!
- And to mirror those magnificent ceilings, statement floors are also trending for 2018. Chevron or herringbone patterns have proven popular, but anything you can think of to add texture to your home and make it a unique space will pay off in the long run.
Want to check out more trends that our clients are using in their homes?
Ready to take your new home building project on for 2018?
Check out our recent blog posts:
- Building A Home During The Winter?
- Top 6 Signs You May Be Ready To Build A New Home For 2018!
- What Are The Most Popular Floor Plans From Homestead Homes?
- How Many Stairs Are Right For You?
- Top Trends In Residential Construction
At Homestead Homes, we have been helping people design and build their dream homes since 1995. We provide you with a road map and let you make all the decisions. We are currently building in Colorado, South Dakota, Nebraska, & Iowa. We would love to help you today, contact us for more information!