Does front door color matter?
When you make your own house plans, you get to decide every detail - even down to what may seem like the smallest things!
One of those little details, your front door and what color it is.
So what do different colors say about you?
Gray is typically considered a “boring choice,” but it’s also very traditional. Chances are, if you pick this for your front door, you’re traditional and prefer neutral tones in your home.
Blue is typically chosen as a symbol of calm and peace. Darker blue hues can mean more traditional. Lighter blues can give off positive energy.
This earthy tone symbolizes balance and renewal. It can also make a startling contrast against a red brick or reddish stone exterior, signifying drama.
White traditionally signifies purity. Chances are, those who choose a white front door value organization and neatness.
What are the dos and don’ts of choosing your front door color?
- Do stick with the classics - brown, black, gray. They’re tried-and-true.
- Don’t be afraid of color, if you like using brighter hues.
- Do choose according to your home’s style. Newer, modern homes can sometimes handle brighter hues or untraditional colors because of their newer lines.
- Do look at your surroundings. If you’re surrounded by nature, then choosing a green, blue, brown, or other natural tone may work best for your door.
- Don’t pick one of your favorite interior colors just because of how much you love it indoors. Different colors look different inside and outside. Make sure you test it in an outside environment first!
Not sure what to do next?
If you’re completely unsure about where to go from here, check out this fun quiz from HGTV on what color to paint your front door!
At Homestead Homes, we have been helping people design and build their dream homes since 1995. We offer our existing Homestead house plans and also work with customers to design “make your own house plans.” We are currently building throughout the Midwest in Colorado, South Dakota, Nebraska and Iowa. We would love to assist you today in helping you build your own house. Contact us for more information!